Sunday, October 10, 2010

Lesson #3: "So... Can we still be friends?"

I recently got out of a relationship that pretty much rocked my world. I was Crazy in Love just like Beyonce back in 2003 when she couldn't tell up from down! Obviously, I was completely devastated when I was informed that I was being woken up from my dream that I never wanted to end.

Because of past relationships and the struggle it took to get a "friendship" back on track, I swore to myself that I would never be friends with an ex ever again. What happens when you want to date someone new? Does the other have the right to get jealous? What the hell is a friend?! Can your ex truly be just your friend?

I happened to think so, with time effort and energy you can get a relationship to where it needs to be, however... here are some rules that will help you define whether your dealing with your ex or your friend. Don't Get Fooled!

FRIEND VS. EX


1) If you and your ex are still having sex, making love, shacking up, fondling, etc... that is not your friend, thats your ex!

2) If you or your ex still secretly (or not so secretly) want to get back together... that is not your friend, thats your ex!


3) If you are still in love... that is not your friend, that is your ex.


4) If you are constantly subliminally tweeting or updating your Facebook status so a "certain someone" may or may not see what you are doing and/or thinking... that is not your friend, that is your ex.

5) If your ex's presents dictates where you eat, socialize, or fellowship... that is not friend, thats your ex!


6) If you are always having to have a "talk"... that is not your friend, that's your ex!


7) If you find yourself somehow always drifting onto your ex's Facebook page when your supposed to be studying for that test at 8am tomorrow... that is not your friend, that's your ex!


8) If you get the natural urge to verbally or physically assault the new boo... that is not your friend, that's your ex! 


9) If the break up was not mutual (simply put: someone got dumped!)... that is not your friend, that's your ex!


10) If you are really thinking about these rules... that is not your friend, that's your ex!


Don't Get Fooled University... Class has begun!

No comments:

Post a Comment