Sunday, December 19, 2010

Lesson #11: Get Into It, Get Festive. [Christmas 2K10]

The "Casa De Jayce" Estate
This time of year is always bitter/sweet for me. As everyone is frolicking around wearing last year's pea coat and playing the Boyz II Men Christmas album, I just continue on with life. I don't know why I never get into the Holidays, but this year I wanted to try something different. The day finally came five years after I moved out where I got the official "Toot & Boot" from the parent's house. In cleaning out my "unofficial storage unit" that was once my haven as an adolescent, I come across clothes, books, and other items that have been collecting dust over the years. Tis the season to give, so bags and boxes of my clothes and shoes were donated to the Union Rescue Mission on Skid Row in Downtown LA. If you see multiple homeless people fitted in rhinestone studded Ed Hardy hats, you know were they came from... DO NOT be alarmed. From that moment I knew I was going to attempt to get "festive" for 2010.

Yesterday I did something that I have never done before. A few friends of mine gather every year and make ginger bread houses. As weird and socially awkward as that sounds, my immediate reaction was to mark my calender [right before the I remembered that I absolutely hate gingerbread!]. Different is a quality that I have always possessed in many aspects of my character. While everyone else was trying to make a miniature replica of the witch's home in Hasel & Greddle, I wanted to make a something no one has seen before. I created a personalized mini mansion out of Cinnamon gram cracker and cream cheese frosting entitled "Casa De Jayce" with a helicopter pad, rooftop pool party of Sour Patch kids, and a mote with killer goldfish. As Macaulay Cultin beat up two idiots on the big screen, I was focused on my project until it was complete. I felt like a kid again and didn't have to deal with nasty gingerbread!

Although I could have done more to celebrate the Christmas season, constructing an estate out of fat people snacks was above and beyond anything I would ever do. I have been truly blessed my entire life I would be wrong for me to not give back to the less fortunate. Christmas 2010 was a test run and in my personal opinion I passed. Cannot wait for what 2011 brings to the platter. Finish off 2010 strong!

Happy Christmas!

DGFU, helicopter pad, and Sour Patch kids Pool Party
Brent & Javon trying to keep their house a home 
This was 2nd place behind "Casa De Jayce" in my mind. 
After the Northridge Earthquake

1 comment: