Thursday, December 2, 2010

Lesson #9: Jump Start Your New Year [Like NOW!]

Happy December! 2010 is in it's final act and it's time to move onto another well anticipated performance.. 2011! It seems like every year Christmas decorations are going up earlier and earlier. I swear my neighbors had a reef on their door before I could even purchase my skimpy Halloween costume. After presents are ripped open and teens are finished hooking up under the mistletoe, it's time to toast to the New Year. January is national "Get back in the gym" month while February is "Eff this I QUIT!" month. Raise your hand if you've done this... thought so!

I started working out recently. For anyone that is close to me know that I absolutely hate the gym. I've had memberships and personal trainers and cannot seem to fall in love with it like some people do. It just turns out that the genetics in my family demand that I have a small build, which some consider lucky [Sue me]. With that said, my personal New Years resolution is going to be getting more physically active. "They" say that you are supposed to have a plan, but I do not want one. As long as I am enjoying myself and physically challenging myself, I'm fine!

For those who live in LA|CA there are plenty of trendy spots to get your cardio on! I've been doing Runyon Canyon in Hollywood and freakin love it! People say that my skinny ass shouldn't be running or doing cardio but I don't care, my heart is a muscle that need to be exercised just like any other muscle. I've also tried the Santa Monica Stairs, which seem like it would be easy...but it's not. The old men and women were beating me with laps up and down those stairs while I'm panting like I'm hiking up with Pyramids of Giza!

Scientific studies show that it takes 21 days for your brain to build a habit. The key is commitment and if you can commit to December you will be set for the entire year of 2011. Whether your resolution is to quit smoking, learning to save and stop blowing your money on pointless BS, or saying goodbye to that trans-fat flab, you have the power to follow through on a resolution. So grab a friend, pop in Kanye's Workout Plan, and get it right, get it tight! #readysetGO!

Help from YELP!
Click for info: Runyon Canyon Park
Click for info: Santa Monica Stairs



No comments:

Post a Comment