Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Lesson #6: London Gal

This posting is dedicated to my little sister who had the guts to up and move to Europe! She is clearly having the time of her life studying abroad in London for the fall semester by her numerous facebook updates and photo albums. I couldn't be a more proud big brother.

Yesterday, I was able to speak with her via video chat [shoutout to 2010!] and it made me miss her even more. She educated me on the UK's lifestyle and some comparisons to the slang terms we have in the US. A "chav" is a derogative term for someone of low class who drinks in the streets and excessively parties, or in Tyler's words, "a doo doo mama with a slicked back pony tail...". When I googled it I immediately thought of Mel C aka "Sporty Spice" of the Spice Girls.

At such a young age, Tyler has already made it to Brazil [and Mexico if that counts!]. She is a motivation to many not to be scared and to just do it! Go out and see what the world has to offer; not many do.

She will be heading back to the States next month after her four month long adventure. I am sure has opened her eyes to a whole other world and way of living. Hopefully she'll have the guts to actually get on the plane and come home, she was trying to buy a one way ticket when she left! I cannot wait to hear more stories and see some more of her amazing photography! I can't even lie, I get a little jealous when I see a Facebook status saying that she's spending the weekend in Paris, France. Who does that!?





Throw back in honor of my little modern day Spice Girl #londongal [LOL]

No comments:

Post a Comment