Friday, November 12, 2010

Lesson #7: Pretty Girls Rock!


"Don't hate me cause I'm beautiful..."

Blonde, beautiful and brisk Keri Hilson has had my attention since she come out with Energy a couple years back. I'm happy the ATL song writer decided to break out into her own career because she definitely knows how to grab our focus. She is so cute LOL.

Here is her new creative and clever video Pretty Girl Rock where she highlights and reenacts some of the most prominent and successful black female entertainers from the past decades. "Miss Keri Baby" starts with Josephine Baker, Dorothy Dandridge, Diana Ross, Donna Summers, Janet Jackson, and finally TLC [R.I.P. Left Eye].

I instantly started laughing when "Donna Summers" came on. Keri looks a little drag and those two men twirling in the back are quite comical I must say. I love when she recreates TLC's Creep. Although I learned about past entertainers like Dorothy Dandridge in my Comm 315 class and better know who Diana Ross is in fear of my mother beating me, being a kid born in the late 80's... Creep is the only video I actually remember!

In a Perfect World was playing continuously in my car for weeks. Her sophomore album, No Boys Allowed is set to release next month on December 21st. Does this mean I can't buy it because I'm a boy?




THROWBACK: Also see TLC's Creep below. I know you were about to YouTube it after you saw this video so I saved you the trouble =P

No comments:

Post a Comment